Since 2010, HSF Consulting LLC has been providing consulting and fee accounting services to housing authorities throughout New England and the country. Our consulting services span all administrative areas within the role of finance including information technology and procurement. Our work often expands into the areas of Asset Management training of the managers, Procurement, Development and Mixed Finance/Tax Credits.
HSF has provided accounting support for Public Housing, Housing Choice Vouchers, Capital Fund Programs, HOME funds, Tax credit projects, CDBG grants, New Construction and Rehab programs as well as VMS and REAC reporting.
- Implementation of Site-based budgeting, accounting, and reporting
- Accounting services, including monthly, quarterly or annual assistance
- Budget development, including strategic planning and financial accounting and reporting procedures, as well as fiscal controls
- Managing fiscal operations for any size housing authority
- Preparing REAC FDS submissions, audit support and related technical assistance
- Developing and presenting training seminars for in-house staff and Board of Commissioners
- Reviewing administrative staffing and organization, personnel management, personnel policies and procedures
- Assessing procurement policy and procedures
- Reviewing the administration of capital improvement programs, including cost estimating and knowledge of bidding and contracting procedures
HSF Consulting has completed numerous conversions for our clients from drafting the Request for Proposals to the evaluation and the implementation to Go Live utilizing various software including PHA-web, HAB Inc., VISUALHomes, Quickbooks, and Yardi’s ELITE system.
HSF Consulting is often called upon to assist PHAs with hiring and training CFOs, Finance Directors and finance staff.
Internal Controls and Audits
HSF Consulting has direct experience in the development of internal audit and control programs for public housing. We have first-hand in assessing problems, creating solutions and implementing improvement programs in all of the above areas.
HSF Consulting has been involved in developing procurement policies and procedures manuals. We have experience in all areas of procurement, from drafting solicitations to managing the evaluation process and awarded the contracts.
HSF Consulting has been involved in the reorganization of individual departments and entire public housing organizations.
Our modernization experience has ranged from the administration of the Capital Fund Program (CFP) and Replacement Housing Factor (RHF) to Hope VI grants. We have provided assistance in grant reconciliation, financial reporting for mixed finance budgeting.